LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method
Imagine the future. Explore your environment. Build your opportunities
In short, the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method is an innovative, experiential method designed to enhance innovation and business performance.
In Trivium we have used it an a wide ranging variety of organizational challenges including strategy development, mergers and other demanding organizational change and renewal processes.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method was developed at LEGO in collaboration with leading researchers in strategy and organizational behaviour, merging the best from two worlds:
- How humans play, learn and develop and
- How organizations develop and implement Strategies and how true leadership can impact on this.
One of the most important research findings that underpin the LEGO® SERIOS PLAY® method and approach is that hands-on, minds-on learning produces a deeper, more meaningful understanding of the world and its possibilities This school of thought is to a large degree developed by Seymore Papert of MIT, another important researcher in constructionism is Idit Harel. Other important contributors to the play, learning and development domain is Czikszentmihalyi and Vygotsky.
Johan Roos and Bart Victor developed the initial strategy and organizational research.
Their work is supported by research in complexity theory, emergent strategy, organizational learning and other fields
Furthermore, it rests on some key beliefs:
- The solution is in the system Everyone goes to work to do well and CAN do well We live in a dynamic and unpredictable world
- Our experience clearly shows us that workshops based the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method and materials are efficient, practical and effective processes that work for everyone in an organization.
- We have used the method across industries and cultures.
For more information:
Interview with Per Kristiansen in Brazilian newspaper and the same interview in a French version
Podcast with Per Kristiansen, interview about the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY method
Blog about the book "Building a Better Business with the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY method"
Blog by Per Kristiansen about "Bringing Play to Innovation"
For further on LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method please also see the official site run by LEGO www.seriousplay.com
Click here for more on how to become a facilitator >>